21 January 2015

Witty Words with Northern Prepster

I was so excited to interview Riley from Northern Prepster for this week's Witty Words. Riley is super sweet and her blog is just adorable! I love her style and couldn't wait to hear what she had to say to the questions I asked her. I know you guys will just love Riley, read below to find out more about her!



Hi there Riley! For those who are not familiar with you and your blog, tell us a little about yourself. 
I'm Riley and I run the blog Northern Prepster. Northern Prepster is a blog where I share anything from cookie recipes to health tips & tricks and everything in between. As for myself, I'm a typical high school sophomore who enjoys a good round of golf, anything monogrammed and everything pink & navy!

Why did you start Northern Prepster?
I started Northern Prepster almost a year ago while I was sitting at home on a snow day. I had just received my laptop for Christmas and I thought "wow, now that I have my own laptop I can take in everywhere with me and blog about everything!". So Northern Prepster was created and I wrote about anything and everything. After our long streak of snow days ended my motivation and willingness to update the blog diminished as school work was always a top priority. But as the work load increased so did the stress levels. That's when I began to use my blog as an outlet from school and now it's just a daily habit for me :)

Your style is so original, however we all follow some trends. What style trends have you been loving lately?
I LOVE vests. I seemed to have quite the collection in my closet. I love how versatile they are and how I can throw a vest on over a sweater to make it look like I put a lot of time and consideration into my outfit. I'm also loving the baseball hat trend. Being a golfer my collection of hats is quite large and I love the athletic vibe it can give to your outfit. Not to mention what a savior hats are on bad hair days ;)

What has been the hardest thing about running your blog?
I'll be honest, there's a lot that goes into running my blog. As I mentioned earlier, I'm in the middle of my high school career, member of the golf team, and learning to drive, eek! But the hardest thing, by far, is finding time to take the photos for the posts, sit down and write and edit the post and generate a image for social media sites to see. As much stress that goes into writing my posts, I still love it and wouldn't want to change a thing.

Describe yourself in three words
creative, organized, & outgoing

Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
Pinterest is my go-to place when I need help planning out my posts. Pinterest makes up about 50% of the inspiration and the other half comes from whatever life is throwing at me. If I have a big test coming up, there's more then likely going to be a post on test taking skills. It all depends on the day.

Do you have a favorite quote? If so what is it?
I love quotes, I tend to have multiple favorites because I'm constantly pinning new ones on Pinterest but there's one that I remind myself of everyday:
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right-- for you'll be criticized anyway" -Eleanor Roosevelt

This quote is what inspired me to keep blogging. It doesn't matter if people don't support my blog, as long as I'm happy doing it that's all that matters.

Where can we find you on social media?
Instagram: @northprepster
Pinterest: @rileycarp {this one is used more often} or @northprepster
Bloglovin': just search Northern Prepster

Just for fun- What's your favorite sundae topping?
Oh my cherries! Can't eat a sundae without 'em!

Thanks so much Riley for letting us get to know you! Make sure you go check Riley out on her blog and follow her on the social media accounts above!

cheers,
Sarah


No comments :

Leave a Comment